Friday, August 9, 2013

in

IN 
In Class Portfolio


1. Bio Poem
I hope you enjoy learning a bit about me!  I am going to try to use this and a Wordle as a getting to know you activity with my class this year.

2. Graphic Organizer
This is a graphic organizer that I use when describing characters at the beginning of a book.  They will use this information to then write a paragraph about a the character using the words they choose to describe them.  Early in the year I will have them do this with a partner and also combine ideas.  They will do a graphic organizer on friendship then one on a specific character in the story.  Using the two graphic organizers, they write a paragraph describing how those traits make that character a good friend (in Charlotte's Web).

3. Websites
There are a ton of websites available as resources for teachers. I included a few that I thought might be new to some and left off some of the more popular ones that teachers know about.  I have used many of these websites before and I am excited to use the new ones that I discovered in class.

4. Book Trailer
I enjoyed making the book trailer using Animoto.  I think the class would love using Animoto to describe  characters or even chapters in the book!! I could envision teams working together on certain chapters then watching them all together!  I can also see using it to describe a place the kids when on vacation as a beginning of the year activity.

5.Lesson Plan Cover Letter

6. Lesson Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment